Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Dial tone, Emily Ebers and Ireland

The sun is shining and I have a dial tone...yipee, not too loudly, don't want to jinx anything!

Finished So Totally Emily Ebers and it was so totally fun to read! It will be added to my fave list.

My research notebooks are filling up quickly. I'm reading a local history book, Washington's Woods for tangible flavor and it is proving to be a well-spring of information. Dream Soul by Laurence Yep

Set in 1927 West Virginia, Dream Soul explores the life of 15 year old Joan Lee and the problems her family encounters being the only Chinese American family in the small community--very enlightening.

I'm also immersed in West Virginia Baseball: A History, 1965-2000 by William E. Akin. It's providing real insight on the workings of minor and independent leagues during the 1920s.

As I dig deeper and deeper I discover that West Virginia has a long and illustrious history of creativity. At first thought, Ireland and it's literary masters come to mind.
Many similarities, it seems.

No comments:

Blog Archive