Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Book lists, A Mango-Shaped Life and So Totally Emily Ebers

Okay, as I look to the right I realize I keep adding books to my lists, but never remove any. I can't. Instead I'll revise the titles and just keeping adding and adding and adding.

Must comment on A Mango-Shaped Life by Wendy Mass, the second book I've read by Ms. Mass. Amazing, awesome, entertaining, electrifying--what a talented, gifited writer! Along with Jeremy Fink and the Meaning of Life, I believe Ms. Mass has exemplified middle grade fiction.

Also, I've begun So Totally Emily Ebers by Lisa Yee. I'm having such a good time reading it! STEE is written as a series of letters to Emily's dad during her first summer in Rancho Rosetta. Emily and her mom have just moved from Allendale, NJ--her parents recently divorced and her dad is on a comeback tour with his band, Talky Boys. The book runs concurrently with Millicent Min, Girl Genius and I love flashing back and forth in my mind between these two characters! And their two very different points of view. So totally fantastic!

No comments:

Blog Archive