Friday, September 5, 2008

Watermelon Crocheted Poncho

Still no crocheted socks book yet. Still working diligently on my wrap. Still need to have a short term project going on. Look what I've begun...



I kinda gave it away in the post title. This is the start of a child's poncho. The yarn is watermelon. And this photo does not do it justice...it's eye-shockingly bright.

I found the pattern here on Lion Brand yarns website--it's a freebie. This is what the finished project is supposed to look like:


Yesterday I was inspired to make something for my niece's birthday this month. First I thought I'd whip up scarf--did that already. Then I pondered the idea of a hat--they all looked very pretty but unappealing. So last night the light bulb went off--a poncho! After much hunting and pecking online and flipping through page after page of books and magazines, I settled on the above pattern.

My niece turns 6 and I'm hoping she'll like the color and maybe even wear the poncho...

No comments:

Blog Archive