Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Rejects and accepts and research

Speaking of the above less than 2 weeks ago I sent my middle grade novel to an editor. Well, a query letter, first two chaps and a synopsis. Now, I wait and wait. But the editor's response time is 4 - 6 weeks, not too bad.

While I am waiting I've started the research for my next book--based on my grandmother's emigration from Germany to NYC via ship in 1927. I really would like to set the book in Brooklyn during that time period, but I'm having a time finding info. I've come to the conclusion a trip to Brooklyn's periodical room and weeks of scanning their microfiche of the Brooklyn Eagle newspaper for the late 1920s would be my best option--research wise, that is. Realistically it's not a good option at all. Now I must rethink the whole concept and make some decisions. So, it's back to the great white board in my head.

1 comment:

Granny Sue said...

Now this is going to be interesting reading! I didn't know you'd submitted your book, so I'll be waiting too.

Glad you're blogging!

Blog Archive