Saturday, March 24, 2007

I'd tell you I love you, but then I'd have to kill you


I just finished listening to my new favorite YA book! Ally Carter has done a wonderful job of portraying the type of teenage girls any mother would love to have, any girls would love to call "friend," and any boy would love to call "girlfriend."

I appreciate her portrayal of girls who are not obsessed with MTV, body piercings, and sex. The book was a fun read (or in my case, listen) chock full of spy stuff--covert operations, breaking CIA computer codes, evapo paper, and cool gadgets. Contrary to the review by the School Library Journal, ITYILYBTIHTKY has warmth and depth and the stakes are high for these girls, especially Cammie Morgan, whose spy dad was killed in action, and whose mom happens to be the Headmistress of the Gallagher Academy for Exceptional Young Women, the boarding school Cammie and her double life friends attend.

I will not give away the twists and turns, I'll just strongly recommend you read or listen to this well-written, page-turning, totally enjoyable YA book! And according to the author's website ITYILYBIHTKY has been optioned by Disney and a new Gallagher girl book is due out this fall.

Happy reading!



No comments:

Blog Archive